SENIOR EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP
- Senior Executive and Strategist with extensive experience leading new business development and technology firms in the wireless broadband internet space – from startup to profitability.
- Create innovative products to address growing new market for mobile applications and services for new ventures, mid-market, and global carriers and enterprises.
- Execute business development strategies to penetrate and expand key markets with openings for new multi-billion-dollar market channels in the wireless 4G market with a focus on mobile device and applications development.
- Build business alliances, raise equity from private and public sources .
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Product Development • Business Development • Team Leadership & Collaboration
• Mergers, Acquisitions, & Integrations • Business Coach • Business Process Reengineering • Strategic Joint Venture & Partnerships • Strategic Planning & Execution • Published Author & Lecturer
Etiquette Networks, LLC Santa Clara, CA 2008 – Present
Founder, Managing Director
Startup providing strategic marketing and product development solutions to the emerging mobile applications marketplace and next generation 4G wireless . The company is committed to providing strategic advice and services to companies looking to advance their position in a Device driven wireless marketplace projected to reach 400 Billion Dollars in 2012 .
• Apple iOS applications development for iPhone and iPad with a focus on webpresence creation and social networking platforms to enable new communications paradigms for enterprises and consumers in the retail, health care, consumer electronics, and entertainment sectors.
• Strategic advisor to startup companies interested in creating iPhone based mobility solutions for their customers and products .
• Specialist in mobile internet devices to be deployed in 4G WiMAX networks and wireless environments
Zoran Corporation, Santa Clara, CA 2007– 2008
Consultant – WiMAX Products and Networks
Semi conductor company with largest market share for chips in the consumer electronics marketplace including, DVD players, HD televisions and cellular phones.
• Developed plan for the integration of cloud technology in a new line of connected devices including portable media players, set top boxes and DVD players for a new division within the Zoran Corporation.
• Designed network infrastructure in preparation for a rollout in early 2008
• Led breakthrough design for innovative next generation Internet Protocol Version 6 (ipV6) authentication and security services at the device level and embedded digital rights management
• Created product requirements and product lifecycle planning for embedded WiMAX devices and content delivery service applications
• Negotiated with top companies in the content delivery market place to support the business vision for the sale of music, video and photos on a broad range of digital handheld devices and cell phones.
• Specified user tracking and customer preference technologies to be deployed in partnership with Nielsen and NDS
Vidiva Inc, Santa Cruz, CA 2006 – 2007
Vice President of Engineering & Project Manager
Silicon Valley Startup Under contract from Zoran, to develop wireless portable media player with Wi-Fi capability for the sale of video, music and photo content to consumers.
• Led design and development software engineering team for the creation of a portable media player prototype with Wi-Fi capability to access on-line purchase of music, video and photo content
• Erected product management protocols and established best practices standards
• Created product requirements document to guide the development effort based on collaborative project management techniques.
• Built business alliances and negotiated content delivery services with Cinenow. Passalong and Amazon for on-line store creation
• Managed user interface criteria and navigational functions for an OpenGL based GUI platform
• Organized successful demo at CES 07 in Las Vegas with working prototypes to great acclaim from show reviewers
AHA Ventures, Inc, Santa Cruz, CA 2005 – 2007
Chief Operating Officer
Designs, develops and markets supercomputer based applications for the global health care industry, grid infrastructure with a focus on China and the United States.
• Chosen to lead marketing and all business operations with full P&L responsibility for a privately held company.
• Appointed by Board of Directors as the President and COO in November 2005 of a startup company building integrated health care software infrastructure products to address the need for medical records and diagnostic support systems for hospitals, health care facilities and clinics in mainland China
• Worked with supercomputer legend, Steven Chen, former Software Architect for Cray Computers, to specify supercomputing system for large scale high performance computing solutions
• Closed agreements to provide electronic medical records, diagnostic data collection and query based intelligent system technology to support medical doctors and health care practitioners in Beijing, Shanghai, Hebei, and Guangdong Provinces
• Designed delivery platform for internet based distribution of documents and health care information to support rural medical clinics in collaboration with Chinese partners
InspireGlobal.com, San Juan, Puerto Rico 2001 – 2005
President, Chief Operating Officer
Designs, develops, markets and distributes DSL based wired and wireless networking products and services for the growing 1.4 million business and consumer market for internet broadband services in the island of Puerto Rico.
• Successfully closed over 300 sales contracts with business customers in the medical, legal, architecture and retail business sectors for integrated services including local area networking, server based application deployments and custom software solutions for Help Desk and CRM applications
• Served as consultant to the philanthropic foundation community in the introduction of advanced information technology for community based non-profits serving people in the San Juan metropolitan area
• Built, installed and supported IT systems infrastructures for 120 non-profit organizations serving needy populations under a contract with a leading bank’s philanthropic foundation
• Established on-site training facilities for customers to transfer technology know how in networking, server management and basic office applications.
Register.com, New York, New York 2000 – 2001
Director, International Sales, Corporate Services Division
ICANN Domain name registrar and certificate reseller, leader and early innovator in on-line webpage creation software .
• Successfully built register.com’s domain name service for Corporate Fortune 500 companies for copyright, brands and trademarks as an outsourced registration service
• Created the first full registry service for country code top-level domains (cctlds) in 135 countries to permit the rapid registration of names in their jurisdictions
• Successfully led effort to secure the authorization for domain name reseller agreement with the People Republic of China .cn registry and Hong Kong’s .hk cctld
• Quadrupled sales to nearly 100 million dollars in domain name registrations with over 137 of the Fortune 500 represented in service portfolio
• Created distribution channel for selling of cctld names on register.com’s website for corporate and individual customers resulting in nearly 20% of register.com domain name sales
Network Innovators, San Juan, Puerto Rico 1995 – 2000
Chief Technology Strategist & Advisor
Information Technology and Strategic Advisory Company to Federal Government Funded Technology Turnaround Projects for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico .
• Successfully closed a series of contracts with the Puerto Rico Public Housing Administration (PRPHA)to manage a 35 million dollar HUD contract providing networking design and strategic planning services.
• Appointed by Housing Secretary ,Carlos Vivoni ,as Chief Advisor and Strategic Technology Architect for all housing related projects underway at the PRPHA
• Designed, developed, installed ViviendaNet, the first network created for the management of information and data for the PRPHA, the second largest public housing system serving 252,000 residents in over 56,000 apartments.
• Built Information Technology Office, recruited experienced IT professionals
IT, Network Services, New York, New York 1987 – 1995
Strategic Business Development
Advanced networking and infrastructure consulting firm offering technology services to non-profits, educational institutions, private sector businesses and government agencies
• First President of an organization of distinguished business leaders in New York. Led a business development effort that reaped more than 250 million dollars in new business revenues for its members. Pioneered the first comprehensive marketing research study funded by the City of New York to determine the size and diversity of the small and medium Hispanic owned businesses in the New York Area Dominant Influence. Strategy Research Corporation published the study in 1989.
• Created product marketing strategy and sales campaign for multi-protocol FRAD products, the first synchronous Frame Relay Access Device (FRAD) technology. This permitted IBM 3270 SNA, Burroughs Poll Select, Uniscope traffic to be transmitted through a frame relay network.
• Built Distance Learning Network , 50 technology learning centers in majors American cities, under the Star Schools program with funding from the National Science Foundation in partnership with Massachusetts Center for Educational Telecommunications under the auspices of Bank Street College’s Center for Children and Technology.
• Built and introduced AppleTalk networking technology to provide information infrastructure for leading non-profit institutions including ASPIRA, Council for Puerto Rico-US Affairs, and the Hispanic AIDS FORUM
Protocom Devices, Inc, New York, NY 1983 – 1987
President, Chief Operating Officer
Founder of an early leader in the advance communications processors used to build the very first networks that would eventually migrate to the Internet protocol standard
• Led the successful completion of an initial public offering (NASDAQ:PRTCM) raising 4.8 million dollars in equity financing for the company’s marketing efforts and expansion of its industry leading advanced network processor technology.
• Developed business plan and raised 4.7 million dollars from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to relocate Protocom from Stamford Conn to a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in New York’s Bathgate Industrial Park in the Borough of the Bronx.
• Successfully negotiated a multi- million dollar multi year sales contract for synchronous PADs with the network services division of Boeing Corporation, Paradyne Corporation, AT&T and other system integrators.
• Created full product life cycle for the design, development, manufacturing and deployment of a custom series of advanced communications processors for Boeing’s networks for NASA and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Provided the leadership and direction for the successful closing of over 10 million dollars in sales of the company’s products and advanced network engineering consulting services.
• Led the design and construction effort for the building of a 42,000 state of the art manufacturing facility for advanced network protocol processors in New York’s Bathgate Industrial Park
Harvard College, Bachelor of Arts, Sociology and Economics
Chairman, Hispanic Business Advisory Board, NY Mayoral Appointee 1987-1989
Co- Founder and Chairman, De La Salle Academy, Board of Trustees 1984-1995, private middle school for academically talented boys and girls in New York City
iOS Developers Group in Silicon valley
Friends of Puerto Rico , Founder, 2008
(Largest Puerto Rican networking community on LinkedIn)
Internet Society of Puerto Rico, Founder,2001
Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), at-large member since 2000
Publications & Writings
Telecommunications in Latin America, Edited by Eli Noam, Oxford University Press, 1998, author of chapter on Puerto Rico’s Telecom History
Dynamos: Top Entrepreneurs under 30
Brett Kingston, Wiley Press, 1986, Chapter on Rafael Collado and Ramón Morales, Protocom Devices
Speeches and Presentations
Keynote Speaker at Governor’s Conference on Technology in New York, 1992
Securing Puerto Rico’s Place in the Global Internet, Presentation to University of Puerto Rico Law School, to incoming cyberlaw students, 2001-2004